No Display at boot

btd450

Solid State Member
I got the 64K memory failure fixed, but now I have another problem.

There is no display at bootup. I have been reading, and found that it is probably because there is no power to the Video Card. I have a PCI Express video card (X700 pro), and don't see anywhere to connect power. If anyone knows how I might be able to fix this, much help will be appreciated.

thanks!

From what I can see this gfx card doesn't need and outside connector for the power, I'd imagine it draws power from the slot, like most cards. All I'll say is that it sounds like a mobo/processor problem, try the processor in another PC to make sure it works. If not get someone to test your mobo with a diagnostics card. I'd imagine it's one of them that's fucked, not your gfx card.

Check your RAM. That sometimes happens to me when I've put in the wrong speed, or just bad RAM to begin with.

mr_roy said:
From what I can see this gfx card doesn't need and outside connector for the power, I'd imagine it draws power from the slot, like most cards. All I'll say is that it sounds like a mobo/processor problem, try the processor in another PC to make sure it works. If not get someone to test your mobo with a diagnostics card. I'd imagine it's one of them that's fucked, not your gfx card.

Well, that is what I was afraid of. Should I try resetting the processor? Also, I have no other PC to test the processor in. I am thinking that there is nothing wrong with the processor, but might the mobo be doa? If it is, how could I solve that issue?

One more thing...Would the harddrive have anything to do with it? The mobo supports SATA Harddrives, and I don't have an SATA HardDrive. Could that be what is causing it?

Thanks!

when you turn your computer on what does it do? is the screen black or do you see ant kind of text.

When I turn on the computer, all the fans, and lights are working fine, but the screen just never displays anything. I don't get any beep codes, and it sounds like it is booting up alright...Also, I was having a problem before with the Bios beep codes, but I got that fixed. I didn't have fast enough RAM.

Hope that helps!

it must be your graphic card, check your monitor cable and make sure all the pins are there and if they are make sure that card it correctly plugged into your board.

before you put in the other card, did you un-install it....then power down/ put in other card & install the driver's for the new one ??

what i'm trying to say is that you must un-install the grafics card 1st / then turn-off pc/ unplug the power cord....

put in new card/ plug back in p/w cord & boot-up
then install the driver's for the new card.

Back
Top Bottom