System Specs:
Cpu:Amd 64 3400
Motherboard:Epox 8kad3 nvidia nforce3 250gb
Memory:512MB of Corsair Value select Ram
Power:Q-Tec 550 watt
Hard Drive:120GB Western Digital IDE133
Graphics:Gainward Nvidia Geforce 6800gt

Problem:

I bought a new graphics card and new ide cables.i put the new in and the old out.I turned on my computer and it would not boot. It recognised the card before the bios screen comes on.
On the bios screen it starts to detect the IDE drives again and when i boot from the HD it won't.Everytime i turn on the computer it starts to detect the drives all over again and it takes a while.Everything is connected right and I don't know whats wrong please help.Its like the computer keeps forgetting the system configaration.

Please reply

THANKS

did you try replacing the new cables with the old ones again? you might have bad cables or something

So, you can turn your computer on, and it gets to the point where it's looking for the OS, but for some reason, it doesn't detect your Hard Drive? If that's the case, make sure you haven't mucked anything up in your BIOS. Also, make sure the CMOS battery is properly seating, or not just dead.

You know... it's the little, quarter-sized, battery on the motherboard that keeps all your settings nice and, well... there...

Still not working

The computer turns on and goes to the screen before it loads up windows where it shows the system specs and temperture etc...
Then instead of booting up windows it starts to detect the IDE Drives.
It detects them after a while and still doesn't boot windows.
It asks for a CD to boot.And it won't boot from anything.
Everytime I restart the computer or turn it off it has to detect the IDE Drives again.It shouldn't do that the information should be stored but isn't.

Any suggestions would be extremely useful.

Please Help

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom