New Motherboard install problems..

Danwrites12

Solid State Member
Hi all! I just installed a brand new Abit AI7 motherboard. When I try to boot up using Windows 2000, I get the following message: Error: *STOP* Inacessible Boot Device. Any idea what this might mean? I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Also, two other things: when I try to boot up using Windows 98, it goes into safe mode. Finally, my cd drive will not open - I push the button on the front, the led light on the drive blinks, but door does not open. Thanks in advance

Daniel

um it sounds like you cdrom is jammed or fried as in it has a short in it. its just a wise idea not to travel with a cd in your cdroom drive some times they jam it up. another idea could be you put the ribbon on the back of it backwards remember red line toward the power adapter

well make sure all the ribbons are in right you know the red line toward power. same with the motherboard side of them. plus when you replace a motherboard there is a 50/50 chance windows wont start up with the new motherboard. in which case the only option is to reinstall it after a backup with the old board. the windows xp same mode is becouse of the board change it realizes its hal has changed normally you just down the system after a successful safeboot and then boot up normally next time.

WRONG FORUM!
Should be in...
General Computer Hardware And Software
General personal computer discussion and troubleshooting help goes here. Talk about your experience with computer products good or bad. Post pictures of your modified computer case, cards or new water or general cooling systems.

Back
Top Bottom