Advice Required Please

Your problem is that you're resolving a IPv6 DNS provider, something that can _NOT_ be fixed by using an alternate browser. If some people would actually think of the problem, rather than just blindingly pushing their browser at everyone, problems would get fixed eaiser.

Anyway, to fix it, you're going to need to add a IPv4 DNS server to your list of DNS servers.

You can change the DNS servers by doing the following: Control Panel > Network Settings > Right-Click your connection > Properties > Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > Properties > Click 'Use the following DNS Servers' > Enter the DNS server you'd like to use. > Click OK, and it should work.

The DNS servers I use are as follows:

They're western Comcast servers, but they'll work for you. You might want to phone your ISP and find out what your's actually are.

that sounds like good advice satori.
the p.c which i am emailing from is running ok, it is my other that is not working correctly. that is the second p.c on the dlink router. the p.c i am on at the moment is running perfectly and logging on ok.
does that alter your prognosis of the problem?
wozelbeak

wozelbeak said:
that sounds like good advice satori.
the p.c which i am emailing from is running ok, it is my other that is not working correctly. that is the second p.c on the dlink router. the p.c i am on at the moment is running perfectly and logging on ok.
does that alter your prognosis of the problem?
wozelbeak

Not at all, although I would question the person who using that computer as to why they decided to upgrade to IPv6...

i have been looking into the teredo tunnel adaptor that crops up on my ipconfig post. i notice it does not show up when i ipconfig my other p.c.
i found the following advice about it.

Teredo is an IPv6 transition technology that allows IPv6 connectivity across the IPv4 Internet between hosts that are located behind a network address translator (NAT). Computers using Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking that are located behind a NAT use Teredo. This article provides an overview of Teredo and how it works.

Well, I could have told you that. Teredo is an IPv6 IP Broker, somewhat like Hurrican Electric, they allow you to tunnel into their servers, and thus access the IPv6 backbone. You should really be questioning the person who uses that computer as to why they would want that.

But like I said, just add a IPv4 DNS server and your problem will be fixed.

p.s. disregard the following post

i did what you suggesed satori, but it still wont find a page. i used the top dns what you gave me.
is there any way of altering the teredo setting?
it might sound like a stupid question, but i am not very computer literate.
also does it make any differednce that if i type in the ip address numericaly it will find the site.

wozelbeak said:
i tried the mozilla download. it still won't connect to the internet. but i can still get online with other programes like limewire, and call of duty ect.
wozelbeak

Blah that means I am going to have to tell you. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options...

Then in that popup go to the tab that says advanced. Scroll down near the bottom until you get to a category called "search from the address bar" In "when searching" options check the bottome one that says "go to the most likely site"

Back
Top Bottom