Help with network card/connecting to internet

mr niceguy

Solid State Member
Hey,

I recently had a friend build me a new computer. You can view the peices here http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHistoryReview.asp?position=HISTORY&submit=VIEW&ID=1173176

Anyways. The guy at comcast says i need a network card..but my old computer connects to the internet thru the motherboard. Same with the new one but i cant seem to get the new one online. Is there somthing im doing wrong? I updated the ethernet drivers and all that. Is there somthing i gotta to cuz the internet works fine with my old comp ,just not the new one. Any help would be aweosme thanks

Make sure your computer is set up to receive it's IP address by DHCP. It should work, the motherboard has onboard LAN, I don't know why it wouldn't just work off the bat...

First, what's the error?

Second, you can enable it Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Find the one called DHCP, right click, set it to 'Automatic', start it, and click apply.

Well i was gunna try the idea u stated, but my new comp wont even turn on anymore. The power button seems jammed :( 1200 dollars down the drain :( thanks anyway for ur help

You could probably easily fix a jammed power button with a flat-head screwdriver, if not, just get a new case, the internal components should be fine.

AN antec lanboy shouldnt jam up like that. If i bought one of those things. and it jammed boy antec would have it. That thing is made for durability and coolness.

Back
Top Bottom