Editted from: Lets All Meet Up On A Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giancarlo

Banned
xx cobra xx said:
RITE GIAN AND LK GETTING PISSED of i dident read any of the post because it to boring i wanted this to be a poll on which we meet up with, rite boys and girlz i pik CS:S when shall we meet up hopefully next week.

Sounds good to me :D

Re: Lets All Meet Up On A Game

Giancarlo said:
And no I don't think the art of war is dead. Never will it be when war exists..

I think the world should go back to swords and armor, no guns, no planes. Only boats, swords, cavalry, and intense strategy. That would prove whos warriors are the most skillfull.

yellowsnowman said:
I think the world should go back to swords and armor, no guns, no planes. Only boats, swords, cavalry, and intense strategy. That would prove whos warriors are the most skillfull.

That'll just mean more blood and chaos. We don't really need that in this world. And besides, the real skill needed today is marksmenship and the ability to move quickly.

Giancarlo said:
Well live with it dude. Machine guns are great for war because they provide suppressive cover. They also are very honorable and save a lot of lives. 200 or so bullets a minute? Hahahah... the MG-42 puts out 1,250 rounds per minute. The M-60 puts out 700 rounds per minute. The S.A.W about 800 rounds per minute. But believe me there are much worse things... take the Gatling gun (6,000-10,000 rounds per minute). All you here is a constant buzzing sound when it fires. Anything on the other side is completely finished.

And no I don't think the art of war is dead. Never will it be when war exists. The Russians suck with their tanks.... the T-72 is terrible.. horrible platform.
Seee... that's why the art of war is dead. The Art of War is not about how many lives are saved or how much cover you can give. Its about how much you can crush your enemies; how many troops you can get on the ground, and honour. If shooting a man with a gun that fires 200 rounds a minute makes it easy enough for an American Twit to kill somebody; then a twit can kill 7 to 10 men instead now. That makes it no better. Honour is not about saving lives with superior weapons. Its about saving lives through superior skill whether the weapon is better or worse.

Tanks are one of the few things honourable in war recently - and they're not used or have machine guns stuck on the side. Tanks are things of beauty - their cannon is a sign of power. They can charge; they are a 21st Century Cavalry and should be used as such - not to save lives but to kill people; in great charges of dozens of tanks at things.

The Day War becomes purely about saving lives; and killing the enemy and honour are pushed back behind scum politicians, twit Hippies and silly Quakers will; or was; a dreadful day for the world and for honour. War is personal - its not about dozens of things - its about protecting loved ones, fighting for friends, and killing the enemy.

The Russians suck with their tanks.... the T-72 is terrible.. horrible platform.

Accualy, the T-72 is well a very well equipped tanks, with plenty of armor and firepower. The problem is that a lot of russian crews are poorly trained, with few practices. The Abram, which has about the same kind of firepower and armor, has excellent experience within the US Army. With all that money flowing into the army, they can make very good visual and "real-combat" practices, to make a very good crew.

rakedog said:
Accualy, the T-72 is well a very well equipped tanks, with plenty of armor and firepower. The problem is that a lot of russian crews are poorly trained, with few practices. The Abram, which has about the same kind of firepower and armor, has excellent experience within the US Army. With all that money flowing into the army, they can make very good visual and "real-combat" practices, to make a very good crew.

Yeah, during World War 2 the T-34 was considered one of the best tanks of the war. With its sloped armor, it actually influenced german, british and american tank designs. Even German Field Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt called the T-34 "the best tank in the world". Its only real weakness was its poorly trained crews. America really has it lucky. The army gets so much training.

Giancarlo said:
Well live with it dude. Machine guns are great for war because they provide suppressive cover. They also are very honorable and save a lot of lives. 200 or so bullets a minute? Hahahah... the MG-42 puts out 1,250 rounds per minute. The M-60 puts out 700 rounds per minute. The S.A.W about 800 rounds per minute. But believe me there are much worse things... take the Gatling gun (6,000-10,000 rounds per minute). All you here is a constant buzzing sound when it fires. Anything on the other side is completely finished.

And no I don't think the art of war is dead. Never will it be when war exists. The Russians suck with their tanks.... the T-72 is terrible.. horrible platform.

Machine guns are like driving. The art of driving is dead too. And machine guns arent honorable. They are basically tools to help win battles. And if war exists, then war exists. Back in the time of the romans, battles took strategy. Thats the art of war. Nowadays you can just call in an artillery strike and bomb the shit outta the enemy, or shoot them with assault rifles. But thats not art, it may save lives, but its not art. Thats like Leonardo DaVinci throwing buckets of paint instead of using a brush. The word honor is has a really different meaning these days.

Oh great several people to debunk...

Lord Kalthorn said:
Seee... that's why the art of war is dead. The Art of War is not about how many lives are saved or how much cover you can give. Its about how much you can crush your enemies; how many troops you can get on the ground, and honour. If shooting a man with a gun that fires 200 rounds a minute makes it easy enough for an American Twit to kill somebody; then a twit can kill 7 to 10 men instead now. That makes it no better. Honour is not about saving lives with superior weapons. Its about saving lives through superior skill whether the weapon is better or worse.

The Art of war is very much alive no matter how you want to paint it. I just think of you as ridiculous and stupid (no offense or anything but that's my view point of you right now). If I were you I'd read up. The Art of war is about how you direct your troops and how efficient these troops are. That's a fact. There is plenty of honor. And again 200 rounds per minute is less then a semi-automatic M-16 shoots. Honor is about the camaderie that exists in the armed forces. It exists in the US Military for example. And skill plays a great part. As shown with the complete defeat of Saddam's military, where marksmenship was lacking.

The Day War becomes purely about saving lives; and killing the enemy and honour are pushed back behind scum politicians, twit Hippies and silly Quakers will; or was; a dreadful day for the world and for honour. War is personal - its not about dozens of things - its about protecting loved ones, fighting for friends, and killing the enemy.

Oh shut up. I'm just sick of your rhetoric and plain stupidity. It is just making me get really pissed off. If you don't like I don't give a damn. You don't know what you are talking about. I doubt you have even picked up the Art of War by Sun Tzu or Machiavelli.

rakedog said:

No it isn't. It has armor deficiencies let alone electronic deficiencies. It cannot fire while moving, while the M1 Abrams can. It has more armor too and a better engine.

alvino said:
Machine guns are like driving. The art of driving is dead too. And machine guns arent honorable. They are basically tools to help win battles. And if war exists, then war exists. Back in the time of the romans, battles took strategy. Thats the art of war. Nowadays you can just call in an artillery strike and bomb the shit outta the enemy, or shoot them with assault rifles. But thats not art, it may save lives, but its not art. Thats like Leonardo DaVinci throwing buckets of paint instead of using a brush. The word honor is has a really different meaning these days.

Your own damn opinion. Doesn't mean much to me now does it? You don't know what you are talking about. We still deal with divisions and regiments. In this day and age, it does matter where you place your troops. This is art. The war of today is art (however grotesque that may sound, it is the truth). So please spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom