Business Idea, Need Helpo

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
This is my fathers business idea, computer tech. We have tech guys on call all over New England. Would you guys pay to have someone with in 24 hours drive to your house and fix your computer, as long as you provided a detailed description of what the problem is so they'd know how to fix it. It'd cost $15 an hour (estimated 3 hours of work per computer probably). Pretend you are an average consumer, and you don't even know what most of the parts in your computer look like, let a lone what they do. Would you pay for this service?

ALSO We are looking to set up a way for most likly around a couple $150 a year (and $75 every year after that, setting up something like this cost time and money) to have a way for us to remotly access their computer through a system. They would call us, say I NEED HELP! We connect to their computer, a window pops up saying 'Geek Tech Is Trying to Remotly Controll your computer. Allow this?' Then they click yes to allow it, then they enter a password to let us in (this is to protect them from us if they don't trust us too much), then we remotly control their computer from our main location to fix the problem.

If you guys have ever heard of a hacker program like netbus that allows a person to connect to your computer and completly controll it, this is kind of like that. Except it would be legal, we would not be able to enter unless the consumer allows us to and enters the password correctly, and protects us and their privacy.)

Remember when posting act as if your not the most computer literate person in the world, just wondering you opionions on this business idea.

uumm were abouts in ENGLAND and what is this company/bussiness called because i want to c how good they are.

when my computer is broken i fix it myself, and if i didnt know shit i sure as hell wouldnt know to call someone and have them drive down, ive heard of this before, and having some nerd in your house for a few hours isnt a nice thought. besides, the guys in computer stores are such Smooooooth talkers ;0

haha.

If you could get some chicks to come to my house i wouldn't mind too much.. But imagining a pimply, computer nerd come to my house and working on my computer, while all the time trying to show off his skillz..... That's not pleasant.

If you can get amiable workers with decent social skills, I wouldn't mind too much. but sorry to say, I don't think this ist oo good of an idea.

1. people don't like strangers int heir house (at least i dont)
2. the knowledgeable computer people aren't the most friendly
3. majority of people have a computer geek friend who can help them out for free because he likes to show off his skillz.

this would be an added novelty to your business, but don't expect it to be something that will draw in a mass crowd.

I have heard of that in the USA, it's called the "Geek Squad", they drive gay little VW Beetles and come fix your computer. I've never seen them, but have seen them advertising around here locally. I guess they do alright helping out the computer illiterate among us.

Back
Top Bottom