Wow, annoying.

moneyman1

In Runtime
Ooookkkkkk....

So I have t3h Windows 2000 PRO, cause I'm am a studly pimp like that.

Welllllll, when I start up, it's all happy and stuff, but when it gets to the 11th box thing (in the progress bar at the bottom) it stops, and does not load, anymore.

What I have figured out, after boredom sets in (I now do it... right away) I just push lots of buttons on the keyboard at the same time, and then it starts, after two or three good "890 ;lsd'fksdl;j;skldjfiowejfl;ksdjfkj;xkljf;lzkcm/,.zxm c,./xm /,. " and many alt and all them.

And then it loads, and I was just wondering if you guys know of a way so it doesn't do that, or a quicker way, or if I should just stay with that...

Much thanks. :D

Try booting in safe mode. If you can do it normally, it's most likely a conflict with one of your start up programs. If you can't, you probably have a borked installation. I;d recommend a clean install at that point.

Im not sure if you can do the same for 2000 but with xp you can repair the install which is easier than formatting and starting again and it may help the problem

SocK_MaN said:
Im not sure if you can do the same for 2000 but with xp you can repair the install which is easier than formatting and starting again and it may help the problem

I'm pretty sure the repair features is XP and above only.

Argh, I dunt wannnnaa re-install it...

Cause I just got it where I like it...

I don't have to fix it, it's just a little annoying thing...

Thanks a lot for your guys' help. :D

I'll look some other places, just to see what they say.

Thanks again.

lol i remember in like grade 8 we had this shitty windows 98 comp in our classroom, and when it booted, you had to like hold down all the f keys, it was funny

All the F's???

There's more than one!?

Haha, just bustin' yer chops

My way seems to work, but it's just kinda annoying... oh well

Back
Top Bottom