Low Connection Speeds

jzm7jmr

Beta member
Wireless G problem

Hi
I had a bit of trouble connecting my computers together wirelessly. I have a HP pavillion laptop with built in wireless adapter g and i bought a belkin g wireless network adapter for the desktop. i have managed to get them both working and i can connect to each other as an ad hoc network. the desktop is connected to broadband via an adsl modem and i have shared the internet connection so i am able to surf the web from the laptop wirelessly around the house. browsing isnt really a problem and it seems to be fine unless i try and download something. when i look at the wireless networking connection although it says i have good signal strength its connection speed is only 1.0 Mbps. I thought with wireless g the speed should be up to 56 Mbps. This is a bit annoying because i wanted to transfer music files colection from the desktop to the laptop (which is quite large) but it just goes to slow and takes ages even to transfer only 1 mp3 about 5mb in size. I can see any setting that lets me change the connection speed and I am sure i have a wireless g card rather than b

Can anyone help PLEASE, any suggestions? Thanks ;)

have u got any viruses on ur computer? my suggestion is to run a virus checker. This happened to em and i found i had a virus, i had a worm which somehow managed to slow and sometimes stop communication between the my laptop and desktop! try this, if not get back to me, cuz ive got another idea, its on the tip iof my tongue but cant think about it, ill to remember wen i get bck from school!

regards
matt

Back
Top Bottom