Virus or NOT?!

epihammer

Baseband Member
I did one of those free online scans of my computer and it said I only had one virus. (This is good since I currently don't have any protection other than a firewall.) Here's my question: It gave me the path to where it is located but upon looking at it I am unsure if it is actually a virus or just one of those questionable files?! Here's the path it gave me:

The Exploit/ByteVerify Virus was found in file C:\Documents and Settings\#####\.jpi_cache\jar\1.0\classload.jar-11faa9ed-3765ecf6.zip

I recall at one point several months ago I was downloading various java applications and I think this is all that this is. If you have any insight on this file please let me know if this should in fact be deleted!!!!!

Thanks,
The Hammer

i'd go download ad-aware SE and maybe even buy spy sweeper, i run them both and i havent had a problem sesne. Before i was having to format every other week. (music downloader :})

Thank You

Thank you for the quick replies. I have since gone ahead and deleted the file and so far no bad results. Just so you know I am currently using a firewall by Zone Alarm and I am looking into getting there virus protection as well. I've had there firewall for over a month with no issues at all and I feel it has done a good job of keeping out the bad!!!

Again Thank You,
The Hammer

Back
Top Bottom