Purchasing new system

they must be rejected or off refurbs. that price for that system is dangerously low. sounds liek another dell.

No they aren't. For goodness sakes, that site is a place I ordered from before. I ordered parts from there. Their reputation is well established.

Well I can disassemble a computer and put it back together and stuff. We did that in a class I had in high school. But I have heard that there can be many conflicts to be had with picking various different components for your system and them not working properly together. Not to mention the huge amount of extra money to be paid with getting the software for it.

So as far as "learning how to build a system" I don't really now how much more there is to it besides picking components that physically fit with one another, assembling them, and installing the hardware. Is there anything else to it? People make it sound so complicated.

It isn't complicated. Just place in the hard-ware, and connect the cords in the proper areas. The one area you may have a problem with is the small connection wires... the ones where you have to connect the power LED, the HDD switch, the speaker, and all of those other small ones onto the motherboard. That's sometimes a pain in the rear end. But other then that it is simple. Make sure your fingers have no static on them and you aren't working near a static heavy surfaces.

Just get a dell. We got one last month, i have to admit its great in build quality and sure is ok for the budget and small home pc user. If your not a technical person get it now..

yea, right on. Dells are great.

Go and buy a dell right now man. They seriously, are good computers. But of course, there are disgusting ones too. jus gotta know which ones are good.

I dunno bout US but our UK dells are ok.

Only bad thing i can say is i had to do a fresh OS install due to all the crap they shoved on it and they use low end hardware and intels. But i must say for the average family its fine, it was for my sister for the sims 2, internet and msn messenger. And for that occasion it works great!

I have seen some excellent deals on Dells, like a found the last end-of-quarter sale they had 1/2 off of $1500 computers, but this was before I was looking. I really don't care what brand I get I just would prefer one already assembled with OS and all because there is no wondering if the components will copperate together and what not. I just suggested that Dell becuase it was a hell of a deal. I won't get it though because it has no PCIe or AGP port. Hopefully when this sale ends on the 5th there will be some better ones! :)

Back
Top Bottom