Purchasing new system

the price of 615 includes NOTHING..

no opical drives, no OS, no floppy, no case accessories, NO COOLING, a crappy 350 watt power supply, and a hard drive thats not serail ATA!!! that processor demands alot!

no decent selection for cooling ether!!!

Oh zip it. You have to obviously add stuff to it. There is no way you can get a fully loaded Athlon 64 PC for $700 to begin with. If you want a solid PC make an investment, because right now I see the guy wants a budget PC. My PC for example would go for close to $1000. And why the hell does he need a serial ATA drive to begin with? My computer doesn't need it... it works fine with ATA/133. Not to mention SATA is 150MB/s.. ATA/133 is 133MB/s.. you won't notice the difference. Furthermore, SATA is not very capable because operating systems are restricted to slower speeds.

http://www.unitedmicro.com/sys1m_1.cgi?H3-Home+PCHA008

Try that.

I can get a:

Processor AMD Athlon 64 2800+1.8GHz 512K cache 754pin Oem
Warranty 1Years Labor,1Year Parts,Lifetime Tech Support (TS)
Cooling Fans Thermaltake A1770 VENUS 7+ Heat Sink & Cooling Fan for AMD Athlon 64 and Opteron Copper
Motherboards Abit KV8Pro Sc754 VIA K8T800Pro Chipset DDR400 SATA Raid GBt Lan Audio ATX
Memory PC3200 DDR400 256MB Samsung
Hard Drives Maxtor 60GB Serial ATA 7200rpm 8MB Hard Drive
Floppy Drives 1,44 3.5 Floppy INT Silver
Cases X-Infinity Mid-Tower 400 Watt Front USB Silver w/ See-Through Window ATX
CDRW LG GCC-4521B 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive with 16x DVD-ROM Black IDE INT
Video Cards ATI RADEON 9250 128MB DDR 8X AGP DVI+CRT+TV Reatail Box
CD ROMs ASUS 52x CD-ROM INT Beige
DVD ROMs LG 16x DVD ROM IDE INT Beige
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home

$656.

Now I'm not sure what kind of video card you wanted, but you could upgrade the card too. It would be around $750-$800 if you want it fully loaded. If you really want to make it better, I would suggest investing at least $950 into a machine.

look that company is obviously not making profit or they are cheap components!!

its a wee bit sad.

ATHLON64FX, quite the saleswoman you are.
lol.

For everybody bashing on dell, I'm not a dell employee or anything, but they're actually quite good whent hey have their deals.

And yes, the computer u named on dell was a pretty goood deal. you'd be hard-pressed to build the same exact system with only 408 dollars.

And should you choose to go this route, here is some assurances to ease your anxiety, I have had 3 dells over this past 2 years.

Dell 400sc 2.26 P4
Dell 400sc 2.8 P4
and a Dell Inspiron 8600 Pentium m 1.6.

All 3 worked beautifully, all three are still going strongggg baby.

But, i also make my own systems, and obviously my current rig is better than all the other dells i have owned.

Secondly, are you sure that the Ram is stated at SDRAM and not at DDR SDRAM??? I have not heard of dell using SDRAM. I thiknk they stopped using it a couple of years ago.

But, as you say, you have no knowledge on how to build a compter yourself, I suggest you go and learn. It's really quite easy, and I learned how to do it by seeing somebody else do it. I learned it in one try.

But if you absolutely, positively, cannot do it, den go to sites like athlon64fx's and buy one there.

Too expensive???? Life's tough.

oh, and i didn't get a chance to say this before, but athlon64fx, congratulations on having such an excellent site. Very creative, good to look at, nice systems, and a well shaped format. But where be the amd64 2800's?????

I dotn have anything too low end on there I only offer the top tier amd 64 systems.

Thanks very much for the nice feedback tibs!! ;)

yup ;) Im sooo not your typical woman ether! ;)

never was into makeup and babies much and I could give a rats ass if I dotn have the latest clothes. what matteres is my love adam most of all and computers and livin the good life without the hassle of fashion and fads.

Heh gotta show my Mum this because she said only guys do computer stuff (also some girls i know) :D

athlon64fx said:
look that company is obviously not making profit or they are cheap components!!

its a wee bit sad.

Cheap components? Those arent cheap components. And that company has been around for years.. I think 1997 or 1996. I remember ordering from them in the past.

Back
Top Bottom