Hardware problem

Thecableguy

Solid State Member
Hi there,
I'm new to these forums and I wasn't quite sure if this is the right place to post this sort of problem but here it goes. I recently installed an avermedia 771 DVB-T and I have had some major problems lately. I know what I have to do about those problems but now I've struck one that I can't overcome. One day, I uninstalled the aver card, including the drivers and when I placed the card back in the PCI slot, the computer won't detect it. I am running windows XP home on an sg-72 motherboard. Could anybodyhelp me out? Has this card faulted? any help would be apreciated.

Cableguy

That's what I thought>I'll try another card but are there any known errors with pci slots?

These things can happen. Same thing happened with my audigy 2 and my friends audigy 2. (only PCI slot I use) I dont know how to fix it with that sort of thing though.

airiox said:
These things can happen. Same thing happened with my audigy 2 and my friends audigy 2. (only PCI slot I use) I dont know how to fix it with that sort of thing though.

The short answer is: You can't fix damage caused by static electricity. The damage is usually cause irrepairably to integrated parts. I suppose you could fix it if you wanted to spend the time to go through every single part to make sure it works, however, it would be incredibly time consuming, and generally not economical.

yep, you may have damaged your card, you may need to buy a new card. have you ever had it out of your computer before the problem started?

Back
Top Bottom