Service pack 2 question

itsme20

Solid State Member
Hi folks, I have a question for you all.

Ever since I downloaded Service pack 2, back in early September, it takes my dell, about four mins. to boot. I've downloaded all the other available fixes from microsoft, but none seem to address the slow boot time.

do any of you have the same problem,or could you suggest a fix? This is not spyware, as I have run a few spyware killer programs and have deleted the few adware programs that I have found.

I would love any suggestions, I'm so frustrated, I am ready do delete Service Pack 2.

thanks,

Paul

Have you downloaded any of windows BOOT pics because that will be the proplem, if not i could tell you how to boot your windows faster so it will then not take as much to boot up, unless you get rid os SERVICE PACK SHIT.
RITE THIS IS HOW TO MAKE IT BOOT FASTER.
Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe), Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\PrefetchParameters

Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
On the EnablePrefetcher value, change the setting from 3 to 5 (decimal).
Close the registry editor, Then RESTART YOUR MACHINE.

thanks for your help. I had my brother come over and he worfked his magic on it it now boots in about 60 seconds. he deleted a lot of junk from downloads that had beed deleted but not completely and a bunch of stuff in the start up program that I didn't need.

So thanks for your help, he also downloaded a registry cleaner he told me to run every week.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom