Longhorn?

Does anybody believe that Longhorn Leaked out already? How does it get out does one of the developers write it themselves and just rip it to the internet? am i sounding like a complete idiot right now? j/w

curious

well, i'm sure gates has tons of secuirty to keep it from leaking. if it did manage to slip out, they'd find who did it. they'd torture him for a while then turn him into the feds. then gates would have the leaked copy removed from the internet then change the code so when they update the leaked copys don't have a special something and download somethin' that fks up their copy. something along those lines... I mean, he has enough money to do it...

I thought this was old news. I know someone who has been running longhorn on a second partition since a LAN party about 3 months ago

Yea I just heard it a week or so ago because I saw the download on abittorrent site a lil while ago and thought maybe it was just the interface but it was a big file. Also Bill Gates is trying to put a law into effect for XP when you have a fake copy if you download anything from microsoft like the newest media player direct x or even updates your computer will screw up and they will be able to tell how many this has happened to and im not sure if they could find out who you are even if they got your IP if your computer wasnt registered they could always find out through your ISP. It's Microsoft they will find out alot Im not sure if they do alot about it though and even if they do they shouldnt they make enough money anyway

Yer they will find ways to stop it and will punish those who already have it. They make enough money already that they will stop it

They really should but so many people have fake copies of windows they cant get all of them but most pirates are plannin on buyin xp when longhorn comes out b/c it will drop in price. I want longhorn but it could have bugs and will be very expensive.

true, they will never completely get rid of the problem and because it is so expensive that just invites people to pirate it, same for any software

Yea Bittorrent sites are being shut down left and right and they say its because of Motion Picture Association of America but it is no doubt also the fact that sites stay up but when they involve microsoft cracks and products they try and shut them down as soon as possible but ppl have already downloaded them and ripped them to another site so they will always be around.

I heard or read somewhere that they were trying to crack down on these P2P sites....By allowing a private company
to monitor such D/L's.

And that company had power to interfere with the D/L & either add a little virus to the download or to break off the connection entirely.

Back
Top Bottom