upgrading to longhorn

matt be me said:
nah it shoulnt be a prob unless you still have your warrenty then ur not allowed to open her up but yeh apart from that it should be fine im upgrading and i have a dell
Ok, that's good to know. the warrenty won't be a problem, it is already over, and I have already changed some things in there.

gd gd i gotta wait till cristmas and im stuck with this crummy on board sound an graphics

I wouldn't even worry about this issue for another 8-12 months. Longhorn beta isn't coming out until sometime during late Q1 - Q2 in 2005.

That's like three processors and two technology changes away. Who knows we all might be running 128-bit processors and 64X PCI Express Video cards but the time Longhorn is released.

I wonder if Longhorn will be released before Half-Life 2 or Doom III. Hahahahahaha!!!

matt be me said:
gd gd i gotta wait till cristmas and im stuck with this crummy on board sound an graphics
crummy on board sound an graphics? I'm sorry to hear that:eek:

crazyman143 said:
that version must have a lot of problems, because I was reading something about it somebody wrote, they said it would crash every little while, and it took about 20 minutes to boot up, and it crashed about five times before he could even get it to boot up.
Compared to most Alphas; Longhorn is very stable. Most Alphas aren't even released to developers because they are so unstable.

killerdoberman said:
I wouldn't even worry about this issue for another 8-12 months. Longhorn beta isn't coming out until sometime during late Q1 - Q2 in 2005.

That's like three processors and two technology changes away. Who knows we all might be running 128-bit processors and 64X PCI Express Video cards but the time Longhorn is released.

I wonder if Longhorn will be released before Half-Life 2 or Doom III. Hahahahahaha!!!
Lol; maybe. That would be quite interesting. But as intel 64-bit is only coming out a little before Longhorn; I doubt 128-bit Processors will be on the market. Maybe 64x AGP.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Compared to most Alphas; Longhorn is very stable. Most Alphas aren't even released to developers because they are so unstable.
hmmm... don't think I want to be installing any alphas anytime soon.!:eek:

I would reccomend at least 1024 MB RAM probably but you could deal with 512 and you absolutely cannot run it on a 32 bit processor almost impossible but 64 are going to be released by 2006 as probably standard.

Thank you to all people in these forums I have now reached 100 Posts!

Back
Top Bottom