Gator

If anyone finds in spybot or adaware scans "GAIN.Gator" or "Claria" don't take this lightly claria is the new name for claria this will hide itself in one of your windows folder and corrupt your windows bootup file it needs to run.............telling you from experience

Ah, the dreaded Gator. Damn is it annoying. I had to uninstall Windows XP Pro to get rid of it.

Gator. Ugh... now claria? Yeah I did quick google on it... I got rid of it manually but it took forever to get rid of and came back twice.

go to gator.com find out i would go but im afraid it might install itself i had to reinstall to get rid of gator.

I'm not going then. Gator also comes with Kazaa, which is how I got it. When it is first deleted, it comes back.

Yes KaZaA has its moments even kazaa lite tricks you into "NO SPYWARE" although it is bundled w/ gator altnet which is horrible and many others and also when u download things spyware literally pops out of the files. I would go with emule if you have enoguh ram or the newest kazaa lite i have it myself it works well but download any software and you will get a virus. its Kazaa Lite++ v2.6 if you have bittorrent u can get it at www.bi-torrent.com

It says that two advertising companies will deliver ads to your pc. It gives you a link to one, which says no more than one pop-up a day. No link to the other one. And it also says no spyware.

So you download, and get about 10 pop-ups an hour, and hundreds of ad-ware and spy-ware. It's Cybernet who give you Gator and all the other things.

I gave up on kaZaA and got WinMX. Boy is it better.

Back
Top Bottom