Modems

prosser13

Daemon Poster
When I build my new pc, I will have two computers both using the same ADSL broadband connection. Do I need to get a modem with my new computer?

My current modem has only one port. Do I need a two port modem? my current is a Speedtouch 330.

no, get a router and make sure that there are network cards in each of the computers, and you will need some cat5 network cable, long enough to go from the router to each of the computers. the router will allow you to share your adsl connection

OK, I was gonna ask this question soon as well, Could you get a router from any computer shop? And where does the router go in, and can u get the cat5 network cable from any comp. shop and where would it go in...Can sum1 explain in detail thx

How do I tell if my old pc has a network card? It is around four years old. If not, will I have to put one in myself?

Routers can be bought from any decent computer shop. Every computer connects to the router, and the router connects to the pc through either the USB port or by Ethernet (don't have a clue what it is). I don't know where you can get cat5 network cable from, you should be able to, but on the net it sells for £3.99 ($5) for 3 metres.

Back
Top Bottom