What got you guys into computers?

Lol....Word, sounds good to me.

I hope you have a very good new years eve....I was suppose to go to a party, but I have to work both jobs the following day....that sux.

Had a Commodore Vic20 when I was still eating dirt. I made horrible noises with it using BASIC. Drove my family crazy ("We didn't spend all that money for you to make fart sounds!"). I still have no idea why we had one because my parents never touched it. Then took programming classes in junior high. Forgot all about it until I was working in an Art Conservation Laboratory and found myself having to figure out computer crashes (it was a non-profit with few resources). Starting reading tons, and found that I had fallen into the IT industry after landing my first IT job (back when they were plentiful).

What a gripping tale.

Well 4 me it was a mates computer that they had (an old 486... gotta love em :p)that i loved to bits for Wolfenstein 3D (hehehe) and yeah they sold it to us when they got a new one so i played games for ages, then in yr10 we started making webpages, took to that like the proverbial duck to water and then yr11 i did software as one of my classes and absolutely sucked at that and got my extreme level of appreciation for programmers since the best that i managed on VB was a crap half working program game that sucked balls! since then ive been heading towards the security industry as where i want to work but b4 that i had had ideas to own my own computers business!!! (weird change eh??) anyway the bet thing about computers for me was that it allowed me to be totally lazy, like at the moment :p

Whats weird..it was all my girlfriend..

When i got the internet, she told me about hotmail and msn and neopets lol. From this..i made my own communities..learned HTML..and graphics programs..got rither and further learning about more and more. And then started hosting things and ripping and breaking my computer ! :p

2-3years on from all that i have totaly changed..i know tonnes..can do almost anything hardware related and own my own webserver :D

playing with old UNIX was fun back in the day, everyone was at AWE!!!! I was alwys the comp tech at all my 4 schools since kindergarten. heck thier IT sucked and didnt stand a chance against me when I was like 8 years old!!! ha ha!!!

Trial And Error!
I will admit I have tried stuff on my computer like Dave said but I have seriously screwed up my computer and everytime I do I learn more and more because of it and whenever I need help someone on computer forums knows how to fix it and 9 times out of 10 it works!

Windwaker222 said:
i started like mr mixx with a good ole' commodore 64...2 of them actually followed by a 286, 386, 486, pentium 1, pentium 3, 4 and soon an amd 64 3500+
Everybody loves the Commodore 64 :D I had an Amstrad first though, with a Tape Drive :D Which is surprisingly something that would be useful right now but they're so expensive. Then a Compaq 386 with Windows 3.1, a Commodore 133Mhz P1 with Windows 95; a 450Mhz P3 with Windows 98, then a Fujitsu 1.4Ghz P4, and the Advent AMD64 3200 I have now.

Then as Computergen said - its completely trial and error. Generally the more PCs you've blown up the more you'll know about them :D

camers said:
Whats weird..it was all my girlfriend..

When i got the internet, she told me about hotmail and msn and neopets lol. From this..i made my own communities..learned HTML..and graphics programs..got rither and further learning about more and more. And then started hosting things and ripping and breaking my computer ! :p

2-3years on from all that i have totaly changed..i know tonnes..can do almost anything hardware related and own my own webserver :D

Marry. Your. Girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom