unwanted toolbar

tznzt

Beta member
hey,
i am not sure how but, i accidently installed a tool bar (hotsearchbar)on to my computer and now would like to remove it but don't know how. this program has really slowed down my computer & at times it freezes for a few seconds,......meaning i can't use my mouse..... i have gone to control panel/add & remove but can't seem to locate this tool bar. it must be a spy program or some thing, so can someone help me out.
windows xp home edition

Try this; if it is Hotbar you're talking about - I couldn't find any reference to HotSearchBar anywhere.

However, it says any version after 20th April 2004 has the uninstaller in it? So I don't know.

tznzt said:
hey,
i am not sure how but, i accidently installed a tool bar (hotsearchbar)on to my computer and now would like to remove it but don't know how. this program has really slowed down my computer & at times it freezes for a few seconds,......meaning i can't use my mouse..... i have gone to control panel/add & remove but can't seem to locate this tool bar. it must be a spy program or some thing, so can someone help me out.
windows xp home edition
I don't like or use these secret toolbars.But first,
Sometimes you have a choice to install these during other installs.
Be alert,say no.
These are supposed to help you navigate the web and i doubt are causeing you these other "off Line" problems.
This is very confuseing since you can make this post.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah i had that it was removed by spyware doctor it was installed by a popup so i suggest getting Ninemsn toolbar to stop popups like that or just getting Mozilla Firefox 1.0 but moneys on spyware.

Get spyware doctor from google and ninemsn toolbar from ninemsn.com.au or Mozilla from www.mozilla.net or .com im not sure

if u read the description spyware doctor gives u it sais it Highly Dangerous and just installs stuff on your computer and that would explain the slowing down

I advice spybot over any other shareware spyware program as it is free and the best in many tests and reviews, and more importantly my opinion :p

Yeah i use spybot aswell its pretty good and yeah it is free
but after a while no matter wat it will become outdated i used it for a while thinking my computer was clean then i got Spyware Doctor 3.o and it found another 100 or so i suggest both

Back
Top Bottom