What has the computer become?

I'm just stating what a computer is. There are people that use the computer and still have moral or religious beliefs. I'm not saying anything bad "against computers". Just what it is in life. Same with a car, TV, stereo and everything else. Do we really need it? No, but a computer can be used as a tool. If it's going to benefit me by coming on here to chat and learn, then I'm all for it.

Oh so there are people like me who are atheist and use a computer.. and don't have moral beliefs? Even though I'm atheist and gay, does not mean I have no morals.

In response to this mainly:

"Its funny how many computer people (nerds) Really lack a lot of religious direction. like im agnostic, giancarlo is atheist, windwaker is catholic, but doesnt really sware by it. It just really surprises me that the people who are going to be leadign the future in technolodgy dont care about religion anymore."

Are you saying the majority of people who use computers are lacking morals? Or are you saying those lacking a religion are lacking morals?

and this:

"If you feel so strongly against computers and how people live there lives due to them, why are you on a computer forum?"

Hell, I'm a computer nut, or I wouldn't even be in this forum and I never stated I am against computers. I say that it can contribute to what you said here "Its funny how many computer people (nerds) Really lack alot of religious direction. like im agnostic, giancarlo is atheist, windwaker is catholic, but doesnt really sware by it. It just really surprises me that the people who are going to be leadign the future in technolodgy dont care about religion anymore", but doesn't mean it will.

Look i didnt mean to turn this into a flame war, but right now im on the computer. This is my release, my ciggerette, my way out. Most people find this in religion, so y wouldnt the computer, or the lifestyle taht goes with it, be a relgion in itself?

Some people like dested find it that. For me it is dancing and partying.. my release from the everyday stress of life. I haven't done it in a while because I haven't found the right guy to be with.. but hopefully when I get back he and I will. It is my release, my way to get my energy out. :) I guess you could call the dancing/partying lifestyle a religion.. but I don't adhere to it like people do to religion.

Dested said:
Its funny how many computer people (nerds) Really lack alot of religious direction. like im agnostic, giancarlo is atheist, windwaker is catholic, but doesnt really sware by it. It just really surprises me that the people who are going to be leadign the future in technolodgy dont care about religion anymore.

I'm trying to counter what he's saying there but it's getting all twisted out of proportions. People using the computer or non computer user choose to believe what they want (to each all its own). Dested was saying that he notice most computer users are lacking religion or faith. I'm saying in support of him that perhaps it is due to the involvement of computers and because it is artificial in nature, can contribute in the consumption of just that. People have become dependent on computers.

Back
Top Bottom