What has the computer become?

Dested

Baseband Member
Today I got to thinking about what religion i feel i truly belive. I started thinking of what my parents are, and what ive been taught (Catholic), and even though i believe in the ethics system it teaches, i dont believe all of it. I started thinking about jesus, and how he changed the world, and how so many followed him. I started thinking about today. I started thinking about the computer, and it dawns on me. The computer has almost become our savior. The only diffrence is, instead of being called chirstians, were nerds. Im sure i spend more time programming, and browsing the internet as much as many worshop, so y not my savior. I base my life around it, its how i communicate with the rest of the world, its how i live my life, its how i will live my life for decades to come.

How do u feel about my revolation?

Btw, dont say i dont have a life, because i have a girlfriend (for a year or so) and i have many friends at school (not just my fellow nerds).

That's a very good point, i spend lots of time on my computer (only about 2 hours a day) and i would be lost without my computer.

The Internet the best or worse tool you can have for your computer depending how you think about the net.

A computer isn't religion to me, neither is the internet. I don't have a religion, except believing in myself and having a life beyond it. The computer I consider is merely a complement... a tool to make life easier.

i have a religion, catholic and i agree with the first post..the computer takes up a ton more of my life then religion ever will.

I'm not really a believer of what everyone says and i only really do religious stuff when i am forced (school). I don't think it really makes an impact in my life like it may to others

I happen to be atheist... I just don't like the nature of organized religion... it would conflict far too much with who I am if I was affiliated with a religion.

Its funny how many computer people (nerds) Really lack alot of religious direction. like im agnostic, giancarlo is atheist, windwaker is catholic, but doesnt really sware by it. It just really surprises me that the people who are going to be leadign the future in technolodgy dont care about religion anymore.

TRDCorolla1 said:
computer is artificial and materialistic in nature. That is a contributing cause to the degradation of religious moral.

If you feel so strongly against computers and how people live there lives due to them, why are you on a computer forum?

TRDCorolla1 said:
computer is artificial and materialistic in nature. That is a contributing cause to the degradation of religious moral.

Religious moral is artifical, biased and hateful. I live by good morals. I don't have to follow some book or some religious icon to live a good life. Computers are a helpful tool and have helped his do many things. From save lives, to measure the depths of the ocean floor. If it was up to religion, we would all be living up to our mid-30s then dying from disease because of its hell-bent nature against medical advancement in the 18th and 19th century.

Back
Top Bottom