Which GPU would be a good upgrade?

SwitchBlade305

Baseband Member
Hi if someone could tell me if a ATI Radeon 9600xt 128mb would be a good upgrade from a geforce 4 ti 4200 128. they are both 128 mb cards, but i know the my GPU has some stress running hl2. i need a good card for a budget cost that will run hl2 well and playable. my current system

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.8 (heh i know it needs to go)
1 gig corsair at 333
55.5 hd ( dont know make, 7200 RPM)
geforce 4 ti 4200 128 MB
soyo dragon mobo AGP
350 W PSU

Any help would be great on a new GPU, and i know my CPU needs to be replaced as well. i am looking to spend around the 150 to 200 range for a card, and have it run hl2 nicely like ive already said. Thanks any posts and help would be great!!

Steve

card

I have a X700 pro 256mb 3gddr PCIE16 and it only ran me 210 off newegg so a agp will be a little bit cheaper check newegg.

u should get an 6600 or a 6600GT.

You then will see a performance jump.

Also, they aren't muchj more expensive than the 9600xt's.

thanks everyone for the help any everything. but i found out that instead of just upgrading i will get a whole new rig. heres my new rig

AMD FX 55
nforce 4 mobo(not sure make yet)
dual 6800 256mbs for SLI. :) :)
2 gig corsair
dual 80 gig raptors
audigy 7.1 pro plaitnum edition.
600 watt alien PSU
and also deciding on a cool case as well

thanks for the info, and i cant wait for my new rig!!

i thought u needed "a good card with a budget cost"

and den u go out and get THAT.

ur pretty funny dude. insane, but funny.

yes i know i said i needed a budget card, and i apologize for the big difference in price :p the only reason i can pull this off is that i borrowed some money, and used some of my own money, and well, borrowed some more money agian. :D but i will be paying this thing off for a LONG time, unless something drastic happens like i win the lottery. lmao. JK heh well i really honestly dont know how i am pulling this off. period. well thanks for the help again, and i will let you know how it is!

and the price for THIS setup right here was a little lower than $3400

and the site that i used to make my pc was www.Cyberpowerinc.com and if that does not work, go to www.Yahoo.com and simply type in cyber power inc and it will bring you to the site.

Back
Top Bottom