DSL or Cable?

well they had a better plan to i just cancelled cause it said to new customers only :p so anyway im done with this. ;)

all of you stop fighting, this was suppose to be a friendly thread with debates, not immature squabbling. As for DSL or Cable, RCN is coming with a new service they call Mach 3, Mach 5, and Mach 7, these all refer to the speeds. Mach 5 is 5gbite/sec. This blows away anything else, and is very cheap. I am probably getting this as they bundle it with television and phone.

The only thing RCN has available for me is slow dial-up, again. I sent them my contact info so if they have services in my area, they will contact me. I'm still stuck with cable.

first of all if you say cable is the best you probably havent had dsl. dsl is much cheaper and I cant even tell the difference when using cable. I started with dsl like 4 years ago then switched to cable but I didnt like it so im back at dsl.

yellowsnowman said:
all of you stop fighting, this was suppose to be a friendly thread with debates, not immature squabbling. As for DSL or Cable, RCN is coming with a new service they call Mach 3, Mach 5, and Mach 7, these all refer to the speeds. Mach 5 is 5gbite/sec. This blows away anything else, and is very cheap. I am probably getting this as they bundle it with television and phone.

I smell some BS...

myself im on demon dsl and i have 8192/`1024 and its stable as hell and up to specifications.cost shitloads compared to US conex but its the best available here.got average 500 mb demo in at about 4 to 6 minutes.

where cable always is bouncing between ping of 80 to 400 ms on most dutch servers i have a steady 2 to 20 ms .with cable dont try this in the weekend;)

oh that speedtest give earlier sucks lol it cant even upload at a quarter of my speed and it allready calls my conex DAZZLING lmao Results
Total time: 1.828 seconds
Total speed: 2177 kbits per second <<<<<<<fraction of my speed.lol

i got pretty much the same thing

Total time: 1.969 seconds
Total speed: 2022 kbits per second

EDIT: i did it again and look at my score lololol

Total time: 0.016 seconds
Total speed: 248833 kbits per second
(i love cache)
u should of seen how long the graphic bar was, scrolls forever

Back
Top Bottom