DSL or Cable?

Im going to get this for the DSL hookup. It's also a cable router too in case I want to switch over. Looks good and it assigns IP addresses automatically with very little configuration on my part. What do you think of this? Will SBC or Verizon telephone company accept this equipment? It's so universal so I don't see why not.

LINKSYS Wireless G 54Mbps Cable/DSL Router, Model WRT55AG - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-124-024&depa=1

ok damn. Just found out Verizon and SBC Yahoo DSL (DSL in general) is not supported in my area so I have no choice but to get Comcast Cable high speed Internet setup. It's very expensive, but It'll probably be fast.

Cable sucks. That just is horrible that it isn't avaliable in your area. Well you have to stick with an inferior service. I was wondering why SBC just didn't have operations set up. Another advantage of cable? Slow speeds? Shared connection? Yeah right.

pcmxkeith said:
you dont pay extra for the more computers u have..

Right now im paying $30.00 US a month for a 3.0Mbit / 128KB connection. And they gaurentee me UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH

B.S Alert.

You never reach the speed they offer because it is on a shared connection. You will never reach it unless no one is on. Nice try.

Because SBC Ameritech sucks.! I use a company called "Ztel" and i get alot better than they give in phone services... now DSL is the worst.. the only good thing is they dont charge extra to have a server hosted.. and they have some more ports open

Back
Top Bottom