Honest question about Windows XP

XP actually loads faster than 2000 after you sign on, but as a result of all the extra graphics etc it takes longer to load other things. I would personally wait till Longhorn comes out, then spend my moolah on longhorn.

I have 2000 Pro and love it, I'm also kinda in the same boat, but I'm going to stick with 2000, it seems more... stable... I dunno

I had 2000 in my old comp. It was pretty good, altho the look was really....boring...

Ur gonna laugh, but i have Win2k, XP home and XP pro running on the same box. I was a die hard for win 2000 before but i just feel that XP is much more user friendly now. You can do a lot more with XP pro and its just easier, but i would suggest sticking with 2000 till the next version comes out. Dont forget though, that when longhorn comes out it will cost a cool $300+ for sure.

I'm gunna have to say that WiN XP PRO is an awsome OS.

This is just personal opinion though....

Well, what about the home edition? If I can get the Pro edition for $20 maybe I would. But remember I don't have too much money and am always trying to minimize costs as much as I can at this point (since I have tuition and living fees to pay). Is the Home edition good enough for someone who just surfs the net and plays games?

Back
Top Bottom