Hows this motherboard

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
GIGABYTE "GA-K8NF-9" NVIDIA nForce4 4X Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

Model# GA-K8NF-9
Item # N82E16813128268

Specifications:
Supported CPU: Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64FX/64 processor
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 4X MCPs
RAM: 4x DIMM Supports dual channel DDR266/333/400 Max 4GB
Slots: 1x PCI-Express X16, 2x PCI-Express X1, 3x PCI
Ports: 2x PS/2, 1x COM, 1x LPT, 10x USB2.0(Rear 4), 1x RJ45, 2x SPDIF In/Out, Audio Ports
IDE: 2x ATA 133 up to 4 Devices with NV Raid 0/1/0+1
SATA: 4x SATA with NV Raid 0/1/0+1
Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC850 8-Ch
Onboard LAN: CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN PHY
Onboard IEEE1394: 2x 1394b supports 3 ports
Form Factor: ATX

I can pick one up for $130. Just wondering how it compares to the asus series with pci express since that one runs about $250.
I heard gigabyte was a decent company and the price is right just looking for suggestions.

don't get PCI express unless you are putting a PCI-E Graphic card into the slot becasue not many other cards use PCI.

Excellent motherboard, go for it.

That's the same board I may be getting too. Just have to save some money. Gigabyte is pretty reputable. I wish MSI had a PCIe supported motherboard. I would go with that. That Asus one has a lot of features and uses SLI in which two graphics can be used (hence the 2 PCIex16) for better performance. It's got a lot of USB interfaces, but like someone said in the other posts, it's on the expensive end--but looks very good and loaded with stuff. Get it if you can afford it.

Of course I'm gettin a PCI-E graphics card first off they're better than agp and second off, they're cheaper ALOT cheaper. I'm building a gaming machine so i figure i can buy a more expensive motherboard and save on the graphics card to make up for the more pricey motherboard. Now my next question is what is the best PCI-E graphics card for the money? I heard nvidia had a new one out that was like $200 and very very nice. Anyone got any info on the model and where I can pick one up?

Maybe I should get one with more memory huh? 256 MB? The 6600 one has 256 MB but the core speed is bumped down. Will the 6600GT compensate for the lose of memory (128MB faster core speed compared to 256 MB slower speed?)

Back
Top Bottom