DSL or Cable?

i have dsl and i download between 200k-300K steady..and i pay 30$/month CANADIAN$$$..it is very good quality

my friend has cable and downloads at about 400-500K and pays 50$ but has worse quality, (down more often, bad customer care)

so from my standpoint i have to say DSL

Im using RR and we have a comerical account. It isnt as slow on the weekends. We have a comerical account b/c my dad works out of his house and that qualifies as a commericial account...

Cable sucks! Totally sucks! It is almost always on a shared connection and slows down substantially (what you see in the company's services page is what you hardly get).

I have SBC DSL. DSL is catching up very fast to Cable, and in fact has surpassed it. The gap is closed. Plus DSL is far cheaper. $52.95/month? Hahah.. what a rip off. I pay $26.95/month for SBC/Yahoo DSL. People have said that DSL is slow and crawls.. I think you have that mixed up with cable. It is very fast and is 3MPBS downstream I believe. DSL is also often half the price of cable these days.

Cable is pwned by DSL.

Windwaker222, your say ur on DSL and only paying $30 a month? Who are you with? And do you know if they are available in Toronto area? I am with Rogers, i have no complaints of the speed but i pay $50/mnth and prob get a bit faster speed than urs. Whats the point, i'd rather save $20/month.

I guess this can go both way's cuz , the location matters too in the equation....

I would say that , depends on the wat you have it tweaked too, would also matter....

hmm surprised in the us that there are still slow connections lol.

must be in the desert or sumtin ?no offense hehe.

overhere i prefer dsl waaaay above cable.

cable companies have way too much customers on their pipelines.

sumtimes i think it just keeps workin cuz the ppl give up for the evening on their connections.especially with the dynamic ip's.

they say its safer(against hacking and stuff).i think its just so they can sell less ip's for more money.else why would they prohibit the use of routers wich also makes it safer.dsl indeed no shared bandwith.

the important factor on dsl is the distance between the modem and the isp central "thingy"(dont know the word lol) and the quality of the phoneline.if they are more then 10 kilometer away its gonna be terrible but if your near the isp you will fly compared too cable.but its also dependant offcourse if you have a good isp.

Back
Top Bottom