DSL or Cable?

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
What do you guys think is better? DSL or Cable in price and tech.
Also, say which company you use or think is best.

I'm still using dial-up, unfortunately. So far, I'm favoring towards cable internet. It is higher and Comcast here in southern california has upgraded to tier 3 which is 4Mbps downstream and 384Kbps upstream. Not bad huh? Judging from my neighborhood, everyone's using digital satalite so more bandwidth for me.

I'm scheduled to sign up in two months, Comcast Cable High Speed Internet, $52.95 per month. I'm going to use my own wireless router (Linksys) approved by Comcast so they won't charge me $5 a month for leasing their equipment. I'll install their wireless adapter on both PCs and it should work with my router. I just don't know how to configure it to share internet on 2 PCs.

Yup, I think it's time for us to catch up to modern times and get into the world of broadband. A friend of mine has cable internet through Adelphia cable company, and it is extremely fast. No wait time at all. I'm jealous.

ooo. Here in illinois there are only 2 options, SBC Yahoo DSL and Comcast, and both of em seem to have hidden fees :(

DSL is always a second option, but it's slow depending on where you live. I've heard good and bad experiences using DSL and some people say it can crawl to dial up speeds at times. Strange, knowing that they are dedicated lines to the phone company.

Back
Top Bottom