whats so bad about emachines?

You've already said Tom's Hardware is biased - why are you using Tom's Hardware for your benchmark points if you believe it to be Biased - unless it is a means to an ends? ;)

Anyway; its a Budget Market. The speeds of the Processors; even if a little on the Sempron's side for gaming and massively on Intel's side for Multitasking as usual from a range of Benches I've seen aren't that important over endurance - to which Intel is renowned for. I still have some Pentium MXs in the garage which are working fine for Pentium MXs.

And you can't really expect the Celeron D to outpace all Semprons; but I'm sure you meant Celeron Ds outpace their consecutive Sempron Brethren anyway... so all is forgiven :D

Tom's Hardware surprised me. It is biased towards Intel and always has been. :) Yet it released benchmarks showing the Sempron smashing the Celeron D. If you want a good buy, the Sempron is the one. Endurance? Intel is renowned for endurance? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH.... it overheats and if anything I give it an F in endurance. The AMD is the one gaining that label. Certainly the AMD K6-2 and K6-3s sucked.. but that was a different year, when AMD wasn't doing so good. Now the tides have changed!

You need to stop giving out false advice, LK.

Personally I wouldnt trust a thing tomshardware says. They are a load of crap. A bunch of nasty american hating euro garbage cans.

Tomhardware forgets their biases when someone pays them for a nice review.

Okay, if you don't believe me that the Sempron outpaces the Celeron D, then I'll show more evidence:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=61&type=expert&pid=12

"The AMD Sempron 2800+ system did win all the gaming value results here, but both UT2003 and 3D Mark 2001 were very close and thus could be considered a tie. The Quake III results stand out showing you that the similar priced Sempron system can give you a 53% better FPS / $ gaming system for your money. "

"This next table shows some application testing results and the corrolating price / performance ratios. The Sempron 2800+ system has a 20% better ratio than the Celeron D system on Business Winstone but the Celeron wins over the Sempron in the PCMark04 test by about 5.5%."

And giving the beloved Celeron D one little thing... DivX.. but nothing else...

This table shows two additional benchmarks and their price / performance comparisons. The first is MP3 encoding, and since it's based on time, and the lower the score the better, the lower the ratio the better. So the Sempron 2800+ system wins that result, though the Celeron D 335 system is faster than the Sempron system for DivX encoding.

Yep the sempron is a nice processor, cuz it basically a downgrade of AMDs premiere processors and uses the same cores.

Giancarlo said:
And yet more evidence.... scroll down.. the Sempron defeats the Celeron D in about 80% of these tests:

http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1445_5.html
Haha! You crack me up Giancarlo - you've posted the wrong Review... this is a review of an AMD Sempron 3100 against an Intel Celeron D 335? :D Its not even equalised by price - as the Sempron 3100 is significantly more in a budget sense than the Celeron D 335!

You are a crackpot :D And not only that; but in the three tests where the Sempron 2800 was included, the Celeron D 335 beat it in two - and the other one was three years out of date! :rolleyes:

There are some tests of the 2800 versus the Celeron. You are the one who cracks me up. I was referring to those tests including the 2800, the ones that came before. Now if you were to actually look at the ones before you would notice that you just made a complete fool of yourself. You are the crackpot. Not to mention a total idiot defending a failing line of processors.

And the other one is not three years out of date.

Back
Top Bottom