Help finding memory that is compatible with a Athlon-K6 Processor

computer_tech

Baseband Member
I need to add memory to this womens computer. She has a Athlon-K6 processor. Can anyone put the pieces together for me? Thanks

Thanks...

It has three slots for RAM. So how about 2 128MB of SDRAM? This should get her computer running much faster.

WOw, a K6!!! The RAM used is probably still using conventional SDRAM like Alvino said. PC-133 is I remember correctly should be ok. Even if the board supports PC-100, the 133 is backward compatible. It will just step down to the 100 level.

Thanks for your time! I'll prolly go with some Kingston 128MB PC-133. Not sure is i should add one or two... but anything is better than 60!

http://www.crucial.com/

Go their. Select the manufacturer of your computer, gateway, dell, and so on. Then hit next. Then go under, Not sure what you need? And click the link that says cruciail system scanner. It will scan your computer and find out what model it is, and give you a list of what kinds of memory is compatible with your computer. Great for finding out what memory you need.

Bad News! The computer im working on does not have the internet yet. After i work on it they said they would then add a modem. Its just running really really slow.... any more solutions?

Back
Top Bottom