11,00 or more dead

Yeah I know when if first came out the number was at 500. then 10000 the next time i checked. Thats crazy 3000 in 911 100,000 here. Imagine. Still its a bit distant. Just because its Asia.

60,000 people, 60,000 people, damn, when i first heard about this i was like whoa, now i am like imagine all of those kids with no fathers, no mothers, no sisters, the parents have no kids, damn, i saw some footage of some dude holding his dead son, i was like , this is crazy. And i think the world is coming to an end.

rakedog said:
Well, it took two hours to reach india, they didn't do anything. (Though there's not much they COULD do, because most of the towns that were hit were small coastal communities with barely any technology, so even with two hours, they wouldn't be able to spread the word)

Tell me even if there was two hours would it be possible to move millions of people? There wasn't technology to detect it. They didn't need it because they didn't have tsunamis in the life time of any person living. The last one was like 120 years ago or something.

That is true yet false Giancarlo. first of all the quake was recorded at 9 on the richter scale. And they did have the technology to find out about earthquakes in advance, they are now investigating why the early warning system wasnt used! yes the last tsunami was bout 120years ago or summet like that, but they do occur, and especially where they are situated they open to extreme prevaling winds, and are also on a plate boundary therefore when there is plate movement and fricition this causes an earthquake. Just thought i would let you know the facts Giancarlo!

casualties reached 60,000 now. amazinly the tsunami also affected somalia in africa, thousands of miles away, few hundred died.

matt_999 said:
That is true yet false Giancarlo. first of all the quake was recorded at 9 on the richter scale. And they did have the technology to find out about earthquakes in advance, they are now investigating why the early warning system wasnt used! yes the last tsunami was bout 120years ago or summet like that, but they do occur, and especially where they are situated they open to extreme prevaling winds, and are also on a plate boundary therefore when there is plate movement and fricition this causes an earthquake. Just thought i would let you know the facts Giancarlo!

Actually all of what I said is true. There was no reason for them to invest in a system. The political will was not there, and the reasons were not there. You are the one who is speaking fallacies. Furthermore, tsunamis are incredibly, extremely rare in this part of the world. You should just let the facts master, me, speak... as you don't know anything in this regard. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW THE FACTS, MATT! :rolleyes: But they do occur.. nice response. That still isn't a reason to invest in a system for an area where they occur on less then a 1% chance, especially when this system may be incredibly costly, and where local governments are broke. Sri Lanka for example spent $400-$500 million on a civil war. You need to brighten up. Finally, I know the earthquake was at 9 on the scale. And additionally, technology exists to detect earthquakes on land. But this one occurred 90 km out to sea... seems like somebody doesn't have it down right. And it is certainly not me. Nice try really.

Tell me even if there was two hours would it be possible to move millions of people? There wasn't technology to detect it. They didn't need it because they didn't have tsunamis in the life time of any person living. The last one was like 120 years ago or something.

That's exactly what I said.... I said that they had more time, BUT, they had a lot of people spread out in small towns WITH NO technology. Can you please read my post before saying I'm wrong?

77,000 right now. Have you seen the pictures of the stacks of bodies, its disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom