blue screen of death

Digsy

Beta member
Hi, this is a problem ive been having for a long long time but just recently its been getting worse. Basically ill be playing counter strike source and for no apparent reason the controls will not respond. Then about 15 seconds later i will get a blank blue screen of death, when this problem first occured id get one saying something which i couldnt read in the 1 second given to me. Anyway when my computer reboots i get the popup saying that the system has recovered from a serious error, i get the option to send an error report, and i go into the technical detail, and it refers to a certain folder on my computer which ive forgotten, ill post it next time it happens. This normally only happens when im playing cs:s but ive had it happen a couple of times while doing other things. Also if i press escape rapidly it sometimes stops the crash and i can continue playing. Finally it happens prolly once every two or three hours, but getting more frequent.

So is this a wierd computer problem or something to do with cs:s and what can i do about it? Initally i though it was some sort of compatabilty problem between my Ati graphics card and the nForce chipset, can anyone help. Here are my comp specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
NF7(nVidia-nForce 2)
Radeon 9600XT
512MB DDR-SDRAM
Windows XP home edition SP2

BTW please dont tell me to reformat my computer. TY :D

Back
Top Bottom