truarabplaer

In Runtime
Im about to biuld a computer with a:

Amd 64 3200 cpu
soltek mobo
1 gig corsair ram
160 gig hd
chaintech Geforce fx5500 (for now)

I wanted to know if im going the best route with the amd 64 i was a little skeptekal at first, i already ordered the mobo and case, and im about to get the rest. Its mainly for games and skool work. I heard that some software is not supported in the 64bit cpu, like certin windows xp?
Let me know what you think about the cpu thanks.

Well, if you just want games, then you should go AMD XP. 64 is for hardcore users who want to run advanced applications (very few of them atm, but 2005 should be a great year for 64). But games are staying at 32 bits for now. So if you're just going to game and do school work, an AMD XP would probably be a better choice.

ok, thanks man i still think ill go with the amd64. I want it to be for some hardcore gaming. i guess itll do good.

I have an AMD 64 3200, and it works well w/ games, but i can't install the Windows SP2 for it, but i believe that is b/c of my motherboard.

Otherwise, as far as gaming goes, the 64's rock!

dude,
amd64 is fully compatible with anything that other cpu's are compatible with.

You can use any software, any drivers, anything, with an amd64.

Oh yes, and it is better for gaming because of the integrated memoryh controller.

Yeah, I have to agree. The AMD Athlon 64 is totally compatible with 32-bit applications as well as new upcoming 64-bit applications.

OK so heres the question, i have winXP pro on my pc currently. I will be able to run that and all my other applications as well? (Adobe suite, Macromedia suite, Office suite, and any other web developer tools)? Plus any games and other software i have now? That the only thing i am worried about is if i go from an intel to AMD 64 that my programs wont work. Plus, will i be able to set up a lan connection and get my Intel box to talk to my AMD box...another huge biggy i must find out before cahnging.

Back
Top Bottom