Counter-Strike the best online FPS ever?

alvino said:
Yeah, but Airiox is talking about CS: Source not the old CS. CS: Source is way better than FarCry for online (I have both). CS:S's graphics and physics engine is way better than CS. But FarCry, in its own rights is still a good game. Also if you really want to see realistic weapons, play America's Army. The weapons sometimes jam, and you have to get it unjammed. And the best thing about AA is that it's FREE!!!!

No it is not better then FarCry (I have CS: Source too, it is alright.. good graphics yeah). However, you are right about America's Army.. not a bad project our nation's military has done.

airiox said:
really, you are on a island with this one, virtually no one plays the game because the multiplay is crap.

If you havent played source then you really cant comment. source is so much funner and slightly different than 1.6.

I have a slight problem with this.. it is not really correct...

Trust me, FarCry takes no skill whatsoever. CS:S you can get a kill here and ther but there is so much strategy involed. Plus you have to know how to work each weapon, plan out things. Every weapon is different despite what anyone may tell you. They havent played the game long enough if they think every weapon is the same.

This is called gross inaccuracy. And I won't even start here... Far Cry takes quite a bit of skill (Source requires none). In Far Cry you have to establish different ways of taking the enemy down. In Single Player at least you can plot out several different modes of attacks. Every weapon in Far Cry is actually worth a damn and is different substantially. The range is actually accurate!

Go ahead and be continued to Source. it sucks.,

And if you are so intrigued by your array of weapons, please check out Vietcong. http://www.vietcong-game.com

Let me explain myself on that one.. with the latest edition of Vietcong (Fist Alpha/Purple Haze).. you have dozens of weapons that you can use. These have some of the most accurate physics engine ever put in a game... why? The developers actually fired these weapons and took videos while they were doing it. They studied the rate of fire and how each weapon is in real life... in this game, if you get shot only a few times you are dead [depends on skill level] (if you get shot in the head you are dead). That simple.

Think I played the VietCong Demo was fairly fun.

Far Cry does take alot of skill yes, but there is a reason few play it.

Sheesh, can't we just all get along and just say that both CS: Source and FarCry are very good games and are worth playing? Its just pretty childish how you guys argue over some games....

Giancarlo said:
No it is not better then FarCry (I have CS: Source too, it is alright.. good graphics yeah). However, you are right about America's Army.. not a bad project our nation's military has done.

Yeah AA is a good game. Once I was bored so I shot the guy who was handing out weapons, and the next screen showed me inside a jail cell!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Talk about realistic! AHAHAHA! Boy, did I sure get some laughs outta that one......:p

LOL, you can look at the review of Far Cry I did on my site. You will see that I loved the game.

If I cant play CS:S for some reason, I then head over to Halo, and if not that I then proceed to Far Cry. So out of all the games I own Far Cry is my third choice. Which is saying something.

The multiplayer for Far Cry in my opinion is better than UT2004. Because my style of play has changed. I like games where you have to think somthing out and have skill instead of the shooters where you just get a huge gun run at lightspeed, and jump 300 feet in the air. Its just boring.

Some of the people here are getting confused. I only mentioned CS being the best ONLINE game, I am not talking about single player and all that other stuff, just multi. And I feel CS takes the most skill, it takes tons of practice to finally reach a point where you can go in any map and get a higher kill count than death. And IMO it is in fact the most addiciting online game EVER. All my opinion of course.

well i havent play many games in the fps category but i have played cs and i play regularly 2hours a day cuz its so addicting...also because my computer cant really play anything else

im looking forward to play far cry and cs:s when i get my new comp

I just bought HL2 today. Man, CS Source is awesome. Only complaint is that it sucks to have to wait like 2 minutes every time you die, but while you're alive, that game rules.

Back
Top Bottom