direct x stuff

yoyo920

BSOD
hihi....
lol i dont actually know this but
1)what is direct x and what does it do
2)how do i know if my graphic card is direct (X)?

all graphics card support Direct X, or at least they should.

DirectX 9.0c will help improve multimedia experiences on most PCs. This latest version of DirectX offers improved security, updated graphics, faster frame rates, and support for massively multiplayer games. It also features more immersive audio when running and displaying programs rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3-D animation and surround sound. If you had an earlier version of DirectX installed on your system, you will see little difference in available space on your hard drive following the installation. DirectX 9.0c will overwrite any earlier versions. This release also resolves an issue with DirectX 9.0 where some multiplayer games or MSN Messenger may not work correctly. A number of minor bugs were also fixed.

---Microsoft

Lol; yeah. If you have a Graphics Card that does support DirectX then its pretty worthless as a great deal of the Graphics Power of a Card on Windows is DirectX.

Depends how old it is - could be before DirectX?

i have a intel extreme graphics card 82845G Grapfics controller........... its internal so its crappy..... only 64mb

oh yeh ...... once i went to the bios screen and it had two options pci and something else....... i dont have two graphic cards......... so what does that mean

yaya but i have no money to get a standard one .............. but my fd has the same grapfic card and can play prince of persia 3 so how come it can play it?

Maybe PCI and AGP? Those are two similar connections for graphic cards. Now, we have the new PCIex16. AGP is faster than PCI and designed for graphics. I guess it's asking you to select which connection you want to use, the PCI or the AGP.

thats the thing i only have an intergrated one but there are two options.......... should i select agp and see what happens?

I'm sure your onboard graphic chipset will play Prince of Persia 3. I would look at the system requirements needed to play Prince of Persia 3 and see if you meet or exceed it. If so, there should be no problems when playing it.

Back
Top Bottom