DVD Shrink

CarpeNoctem

Daemon Poster
DVD Shrink keeps freezing when I try to analyze or burn a disk to the HD. I have reinstalled it and it still freezes. What are some alternatives to DVD Shrink?

Hmmm.... just burning them to disk is out of the question?

WinISO? UltraISO? Something that makes ISOs from DVDs would probably do it. Not sure if it would make it much smaller though. You'd get better quality.

I got a dual layer dvd burner for xmas and my parents got me 4 gig disks instead of 8 gig dual layer. Once I use up this 50 pack I won't have to worry about resizing it. I am not the time of person who takes gifts back so I will have to use the 4 gig disks.

dvd 9 (dual layer) discs are expensive, if I were you I would find something else to compress the movies and burn them to dvd 5 (4.7 gb). The dual layer media is just too expensive for my taste right now. I use dvd shrink and it works just great for me.

I have looked at some online store and have not found any dual layer disks. About what price are they?

actually I was looking at the wrong thing, dual layer dvd discs aren't even out yet, set to go on sale around june. But when they do I'm sure they will be expensive

I'm not shure if the Duel layered disks are out either..But I use Memorex +R disks , they work great for me....4.7gig.

But if I burn it on my sony burner, i get up to 8.5gigs per DVD.

I find it hard to believe that you can burn 8.5 gig dvds with 4.7gig disks. That makes no sense. But what I think you are saying is that you compress 8.5 gig disks to 4.7 then burn them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am wrong are you saying that I am able to rip an 8.5 gig dvd and burn it without compressing it first?

Back
Top Bottom