&@%^!!!! PC keeps shutting down

iflabs

Baseband Member
As soon as the computer boots up to the desktop area, it automatically shuts down, everytime. :( I can never have enough problems with my pc.

I've been having boot up problems lately after doing some cleaning of spyware and uninstalling of programs. Spywares by itself makes me wanna smack the @&*# out of my PC. I thought the problem was with my video card, so I reinstalled the drivers.

The problem occured right just after I reinstalled the drivers for my evga geforce fx5900xt. I got some message from window saying "blah...blah...blah recommends not installing or else it might cause future conflicts". After the installation and restarting, winxp automatically starts shutting down after booting up.

Please, is there anyway to fix this problem? Even better, I just wanna back up a few files on dvd-r discs so I can reformat the whole computer.

might be something stored into your start up folder or services that might be shutting your computer down,
do you have other user accounts on your computer? if so then login to the account then run Spy Ware scans etc

Did the problem start when you downloaded Something ?

I was deleting some spyware stuff and uninstalling some programs. I don't know what happened, but the monitor didn't get any signals after that. I originally thought it was the video card, so I reinstalled the drivers for it. Everything went bad after that.

I've got this problem fixed now. Luckily, I had a relative who figured out to do a "restore point" even with this ongoing problem.

Now I'm scared to touch anything.

Thanks for the help anyways guys.

Back
Top Bottom