Help me Please

TweakyApoc

Beta member
Hello me and my dad are currently building a computer. We have all the basic components assembeled (Ram, Vid card, Hard drive, Pro, motherboard) But we cant get the power source to work correctly. When we turn the power source on a light comes on on the motherboard and the LED light for the computer comes on. When we push the power switch on the front of the computer nothing happens. It just dosent boot up and the fans dont engage. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Okay we have a 9600 256MB AGP graphics card
512Mb DDR 400 Ram
Amd 2400+ processor (sempron)
Abit MotherBoard nf7
Power supply is a 350w (dual Fan)
Is that what your were asking?

at first it only came up with a yellow-orange light on the front of the comp, then we moved them around and now its green. But when we push the power button nothing happens

I would strip everything apart and redo everything from scratch. When I did mine, I didn't even install the CPU or memory. I just wanted to see if the LED worked and the fans on. If that works, I shut my PC off and unplug it. Then I hook up the CPU and memory and go from there. When you first plug the power cord into the power supply after you plug the power cable into the motherboard , do you see the CPU fan move a bit? If it does, your motherboard's getting juice.

Follow the motherboard manual carefully when hooking up the pins from the case (HDD, power LED, Reset, USB, etc.) and make sure the grounds are hooked up right. Check all the power cables to see if you plug them all onto the motherboard properly.

You can keep the computer intact. The PSU is running fine. You just need to hook your power and reset wires correctly to the design of your board. Look in your motherboard manual for the proper way to wire it.

That sounds like its the only problem. Once you get that portion wired correctly, everything should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom