what can i get for this...

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone, I am 13 and I was wondering what kind of comp I can get for 380-450 dollars.
It can be refurbished, but its gotta beable to play decent games and do schoolwork.
No OS is ok, as I have a xp professional disk.

I was wondering because the computer me and my sister and rest of family uses is 6+ years old, 500 mhz and seems like its about to crap out.

you can get an emachines.. i have one that costs 400 dollars and it runs fine... you might have to exlude some of the features

You could get one from eMachines or TigerDirect or something like that - but if you have an XP Pro CD (Legal I presume :p) then the best bet for a budget like that is to try and build it yourself. You won't have to pay even the little bit of money the Company has to use to put in the OS nor will you have to pay for them to make it.

You may find a better offer, especially in the sales period after christmas, on a PC at one of these places though, so its worth looking around first for both offers on the equipment and offers on pre-built versions.

darn.. none of my friends have experience with computers, it would be very hard to get help from you guys as it would be online only

Well, all the parts seem to be sorted out in the different threads we got going. You just have to get it. Have the parts laid out and it helps to work on a large work table. Make sure to keep yourself grounded by applying antistatic wrist strap or keep one hand on the case chassis (metal part). I always use the one hand rule because I hate wrist straps. Test the PS first, but some people find this optional. You can prep the CPU if you wish (heatsink and fan installed). Get the motherboard going (read the manual). Some mobo's are different.

Back
Top Bottom