Advantages of having linux?

I've heard(but i'm not sure) that they have stop issueing linux redhat on the net now a days?? Its ethier that or they stop selling it one or the other.

I don't like the 'wait 3 months (like some other operating system)' point RewtGuy made :D Its not very nice and very untrue - unless you're refering to Mac of which I know nothing and as far as I would like to believe its true for Mac ;)

I laugh at people who just don't touch Linux because they think it's too complicated, or that it's third-country software or something like that.

- It's free
- It's more secure
- You can see the source
- You can do a lot more fun things with it.

I don't hate Windows, because I use both Linux and Windows, but I seriously do think that Windows overcharges for their buggy software. IE is terrible, they should tell customers that Mozilla is safer, just to keep them more secure. Windows is all about money.... seriously.

Lord Kalthorn said:
How can people say Windows is crap and still use it - if its crap they shouldn't be using it.

Nobody should use two Operating Systems claiming one is the best, the other is the worst, but still using both. Use one or the other; otherwise you are whoring yourselves out and you will all burn in Dishonour.

Tell me something LK. Do you have more than one article of clothing and claim one is better. Better as not so worn out or what looks better on you? Or do you have more than one TV in your house and claim one is better than the other?

Hopefully you get my point. Just because you have two of something and claim one is better it doesnt mean you can't use both.

Well said, CarpeNoctem, And I used to have windows its easy to use for some noobs but over all i like linux windows does have some nice features but linux has more and if you are a noob using linux you would'nt get in to as much trouble as you could with windows.

CarpeNoctem said:
Tell me something LK. Do you have more than one article of clothing and claim one is better. Better as not so worn out or what looks better on you? Or do you have more than one TV in your house and claim one is better than the other?

Hopefully you get my point. Just because you have two of something and claim one is better it doesnt mean you can't use both.
I use all my clothes - none are better than any others otherwise I would not have brought any of them. Sometimes they get dirty... and hence they're worse but then I don't use them and clean them, then they're all the same and I use that one again.

Most people have more than one Television; I would not. I have more than one because its not my house. I see no use in having two television as not only does it cost more but its a waste of space. As for liking one more than another that's silly - they're all Televisions, their picture is the same because its all coming through the same cable. :D

I don't understand what is peoples problem with Linux/Unix?? I have been brought up to use it and I have tryed using windows but just can't get the hang of it! Windows has no logic to it!

A drive
C drive
D drive (which is a partition on drive c!)
E drive Cdrom dirve

as for linuxs logical method

/dev/hda1 ---> Partition 1 on the frist drive
/dev/hda2 ---> Could this be the second partition?? I wonder
/dev/hda3 ---> I think this might be the 3rd!!

/dev/hdc ---> 3 device on IDE cables being the CDROM!

Why sperate the drives via letters when your limited to 26 Devices?? Its silly! My point of view anyway!

You're limited to 26 Drives generally - very few towers will take it.

Even if you did have, say 100 Hard Drives - you can mount Drives in XP onto folders in the C:/ Drive through the File System - so you can have as many Drives as you care to plug in. Even mount them in categories if need be :D

I'm not sure about CD Drives; but still... you can have 1 Floppy Drive, 100 Hard Drives and 24 CD Drives.

Back
Top Bottom