Celeron processors?

Whats the speed of an A64 3200+ and a A64 4000+ in terms of MHZ (how does AMD calculate speed)?

And price difference i mean in terms of everything inside being the same (HDD, memory, etc.) just the processor changing.

the A64 3200+ is at 2.2 ghz and the A64 is at 2.4 ghz

A64 3200+-$193
A64 4000+-$719

Isnt that pretty slow, i mean compared to an intel where i could buy a 2.8 or 3.0 ghz processor for less than $200. I am running at 1500mhz now, if i upgrade i cannot stay under 3.0ghz, to me that doesnt make it worth the upgrade. Does AMD run faster than Intel?

My boss who has worked for Microsoft, crated the thing so u can use multiple moniters with Windows and now is intergraded with XP, and who can get a job at any time with Microsoft said that Intel is way better than AMD for gaming.

Well, AMD's they do 9 IPC's (instructions per clock) compared to Intel's 6. and AMD's are 64 bit. Do the math. AMD's own Intels at gaming.

I have had an intel for the last 3.5yrs and have been very happy, but i like trying new things. I am leaning on going with an AMD for my upgrade, but i wont go with AGP, that doesnt make sense to me. I will wait till they make a good mobo to go along with the AMD 64 (939 pin) processor.

AMD_ZEN that is wrong it depends what AMD you get, P4 is good for muiltask and AMD is better for gaming, just depends what u really wont to do, i like AMD better its easier to overclock and no priks can say its shit for what i do, P4 is still good AMD_ZEN you make PENTIUM is the shitest way to go your not true like i said business use P4 the police computers have them in why becuase its better for muilt-task and that what they do, god AMD is better for gaming P4 is better for DVD BURING, using Microsoft-word things like that you have to be fair all that P4 company wonts is reseach on better CHIPs that they can make more money think, they arent arsed about who's best they wont there money like everyone else is, god dam, sorry bout the shit but its gotta be said, i use my PC for playing SPLINTER CELL, EMPIRE EARTH, INTERNET and other games, so i choose AMD for gaming and INTEL for study shit like that.
PENTIUM are starting to move on with new things, and AMD are going to 128BIT my god games in 2-3 years time will need 2G RAM 5200 somet like that and G'Cards 512 what eva and 4gHz AMD its goner be alot more expensive going with P4 then AMD.

WOW most i have wrote since i had a SAS

Cobra, the P4 does good in very few things like DivX encoding I believe. But that is it. The AMD still owns the P4 in about 80-85% of the tests. So you want something that is only slightly faster then its competitors in 20% of the tests?

Back
Top Bottom