first build help

are you ordering the stuff now? I may use your computer specs to build a similar system next month. I'm going with a DVD burner and a floppy that's it. I plan on getting 2 Western Digital SATA 7200 RPM drives probably 80 GB each giving me total of 160 GB. WHen you do your RAID 0, make sure the two hard drives are identical in every way to maximize efficiency and compatibility. I wish I can use the DDR2 533 but that's Intel. AMD don't have that support yet. So I'm getting two sticks of 256 MB DDR 400 and setting them up as dual channel. I'm using the same processor as you. The sound card, Im just getting a regular Audigy 4 card. I'm still deciding what video card to get but definitely don't want to go over $200. I prefer $150, but I'll research when the time comes to see if I can squeeze value for good performance.

Did you think about adding some cooling fans to your case?

Use this to calculate how much power you need and it will calculate for you the appropriate wattage to use. This is a cool website.

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

That Aspire case looks awesome!!! DOn't know about the powersupply though. I would think without using the calculator, you need at least 450 Watts power supply for your system. I like to load mine up with tons of fans to keep it cold. COlder the better.

like that website said, you can never have too much power. Bring it on. Hell, get a 500 W power supply and beef up your video card. I'm going to put like 4-5 fans and install one of those small turbine coolers that fit in the PCI slot. It vents out to the back of the case. Really neat. Newegg has that.

I like the look of the new case you posted but like the specs in the old one. Personally, I would never spend that much for a case. If it was me, I would get something in the $40-60 range.

cool, just noticed ur user name. car guy i guess? same here, before looking to build a computer i was/usually am on the supra forum, clubrsx, corvette forum (dad's got 04 vette w/ 5k in mods), and 6speedonline (porsche forum). gota love the forums, theres some smart people on these boards. im 16 driving my parents 03 lincoln ls v8 now until i get my own.

A Lincoln? You need to get the SRT-4. RIght now, my 03 Corolla is totally TRD equipped. TRD Exhaust, TRD strut bar, TRD Lowering Springs, TRD Supercharger w/ TRD ECU, TRD Carbon Fiber engine cover for the supercharger, TRD oil cap, Altis racing grill and taillights. Also got a stubby antenna. Painted the interior consoles to be a nice silver metallic color too, just like the 05 XRS Corolla's.

Don't have lift because I have an auto. VVT-i still rocks. WOrks in all RPM range unlike VTEC where it only kicks in at high RPMs.

Back
Top Bottom