new comp keeps freezing

trance565

Daemon Poster
hey guys, i just got a new comp and when i try to play games it will sometimes just freeze at random and start making glitchy noises, im trying to figure out what it might be, faulty mobo, windows os messing up, etc

the specs on teh comp are
athlon 64 3200+
msi neo2 platinum mobo
1 gig pc 3200 ddr ram
windows xp home SP2 and all otehr upgrades applied
ati radeon 9700 gfx card

Any help figuring out what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Hmm, I'm scared to install the SP2 on mine. If the motherboard supports the hardware listed in your post, it should be ok. Does it only happen when you play games on it?

ya it only happens when i play games, other wise its fine, i can do evthing except games. and it will actually play wc3 for a while, but i cant play any other games. i dont think its my ram either, cuz its brand new but maybe. would the cpu fan not being plugged into the mobo have anything to do with it, im just thinking of random things that could cause a comp to screw up, Thanks

oh ya if it helps, the speakers start makin a glitchy noise when it freezes, instead of just holding the last noise forever and ever it just starts makin a wierd glitchy fuzzy noise...

Have you installed any new games lately? It occured to me once when I installed NBA Live 2003. It changed some video settings which screwed up other applications and I had to end up installing an updated driver to correct it. Fixed everything.

i installed world of warcraft which should use the same settings as wc3
i guess ill reinstall my drivers tho thanks

Back
Top Bottom