What got you guys into computers?

My dads a total noob with comps he uses one for work the first day he got it he didnt know how to turn it off.

My nature from souping up cars transferred to my mom's home PC. THe computer just got slower and slower over time. I got to wonder if there was any way to supercharge it so to speak. Started reading computer magazines (PC World) and found all these neat parts you can add and replace to enhance performance. Need for speed, baby. Took classes and currently majoring in computers.

athlon64fx said:
umm no it was a bright photo!! and since when does a nine year old have thses thangs cmon!!! (whips out gigantic boobs) so :p to you.

and furgy---I was really bored and I wanted to be able to do anything no other 5 yr old can do at my school... the techers were all stunedd!!!!

all the other classmates were jealous!! he he.....

I known this stuff for a long time ;)

Hahahah... I just said I thought you look really young. It is the general impression. I'm almost 20, yet people think I'm 16 or 17.

Here is a link to two of my photos... I have them on my blog.. doesn't really bug me...

http://www.glomar.net/upload1/bleached.jpg
http://www.glomar.net/upload1/bleached1.jpg

My dad may have had a part to get me interested in computers.. he was a computer analyst/programmer with Haliburton on the construction of oil wells and pipelines. He got out of that job since he was on oil rigs and pipelines for too much. He did buy me my first computer afterall.. and did help me with some things later.. like building my first computer (Pentium-166MMX)

How did I get into computers? Wow, it must have been when I was about 8 and my grandparents gave my family an 80486 or something similar. It used a very ancient version of an offshoot of a crappy version of DOS, and the start screen was 4 huge buttons. A stealth bomber game got me enthralled in the computer world, and then my family got an ol' Packerrrrd Belllll! 200Mhz non-MMX! That was the first time i really had any experience with modern computers. After that, we went through: Acer 200MhzMMX, Hewlett Packard 600Mhz AMD 3dnow!, etc. etc.
Then....the world came to my hands. I got a wonderful Compaq 1.2Ghz AMD Thunderbird 266 FSB. It played UT well, so i just started upgrading it. New Mobo (nForce, still use it today), new drives, new HSF, processor (went through a 2400+ before my OCed 3000+), video card (Let's see, First upgrade: GeForce FX 5200 -> Radeon 9600SE -> GeForce FX 5700U -> GeForce FX 5900XT). I'm finally happy with my configuration! It plays HL2 at high-quality 64FPS!

I'm 16...

I don't get what you're talking about Gian, you said she looked really young in a link in her Sig.

There's no link with pictures (that I could find)...

I guess I'm confused...

athlon64fx said:
Im almost 20 too two mos and ill be 20

That's almost unbelieveable. I turn 20 in June. But I look a whole lot older then you. Well... yeah.. afterall I am a guy.. but still..

Anyways, moneyman.. it was on that forum in her signature.

Back
Top Bottom