kick as computer with shitty performance!!!

bjoffroader36

Solid State Member
hey,

i have recently built a sweet computer but it seems that when i run demanding games like doom 3 need for speed underground and others it runns real slow and studderish.

in my computer i have:

-pentium 4 3.0ghz cpu with hyperthreading
-soyo motherboard
-Gforcefx 5200
-2 maxtor hard drives 30 and a 20 gig
-1 gig or pc3200 ultra ram
-onboard sound card
and more...

i spent like 800$ on this thing can someone please help me figure out what i need or what is wrong with myt computer. i have tried antvirus and spyware programs and that has no effect. I am desperate will you please help me???

download the newest drivers for all the devices. Thats the best suggestion i can give ya. Was it custom made?

Geforce FX 5200...I don't know much about graphic card's but isn't that a rubbish one???

The biggest problem is your video card. I dunno who told you a 5200 was good, but it's not. If you had a limited amount of money to spend on the video card then you could have at least got a 9600XT. And keep the settings low obviously when playing games.

Yeah your vid card is definatly not "the greatest" I think you shoulda spent a little extra cash like at least 50$, ..... and got a nicer video card... Im not sure if you can get it running much better.. Well the drivers will help a little, but with that card idk..

No, updating the drivers with this card will show almost no increase in performance. It's a simple matter really, get a better video card cuz the 5200 sucks. Get a 9600XT/5700 Ultra or better and you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom