How long do you think it'll be until Linux...

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
becomes more compatible with games and apps? I'm talking like almost all games and almost all apps? Or is it even possible?

I think the question here is how long untill more games and apps become compatible with Linux. The technology's there - but the will of the corporate world is not I fear.

Hmmmmm good question but the question not when will linux become more comepatible with games but when will games become compatible with linux, like ninnywaff said, its those game making a22 holes who don'nt won'nt to waste the time making games compatible with linux. I've been contacting them and asking that same question and they never have a strate repley.

That's too bad really, cuz linux looks promising and seems like a good OS, and it's free, but unfortunately it doesn't play enough games or have enough apps for me to want it.

winterfreshpwnz, there are programs for linux to let you play games. all the apps you'd need are there, and free... plus more. You don't have all them fancy buttons. Of course companies aren't going to waste resources trying to make a game compatible on both operating systems when linux only makes up 6%. But don't be discouraged because linux doesn't allow you to click next over and over again :)

We can look forward to more and more software companies releasing Linux versions of their software in the near future as the OS gains increasing popularity and they feel its viable as a gaming platform. Epic Games, ID Software and Bioware are already releasing Linux versions of their games.

Back
Top Bottom