Overheating problems

Rischardo

Beta member
Hey guys, Rischardo here. I'm brand new to your forums :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with an over heating problem I"m having.

First off, I have an AMD athalon 64 processor with 1 gig of RAM and a ATI Raedon 9600 pro 256 mb video card.

This problem started rather recently. I have all five of my fans working (two in back, one on side, one on top, one on the mother board) but my comp still "over heats". In the bios, it gets up to 90 c, then shuts down. However, this only happens when I use anything that uses the video card or the cd players. I "removed" the fan on my mother board, then reattached it because it was loose. Now it's firmly on (although a tiny plastic part fell off....) but the comp still over heats.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Happy Holidays,

Rischardo

90 Degrees C? ouch.
I had 55 Degree temps on my p4 and i was picky about that so i replaced the CPU fan and heatsink with a huge copper monster of a cooler. now i'm at 40. Try a new CPU fan, because that's the main reason that i know of for computers overheating. the graphics still use CPU, not just GPU. make sure you have a clean motherboard with no dirt, and put silicon grease on the CPU. if that's not enough, just bring it to a shop.

if there is a lot of dust in your case you might also want to clean that out. Some good Thermal Paste is Artic Silver 5.

fans UMMM?
i c ok try getting a copper or water cooling instead of fans this will bring the TEMP down alot, also your G'card may need a nice fan on it or a better one m8 cant think of anything else.

Speaking of fans, the top of the case has an area to install a single fan. Does the fan have to be installed to blow cooler outside air inside the case or blow out hot air? I'm thinking to blow in. Just double-checking while we;re on the subject of heating.

Ok, so the top fan blows out. I have my side panel fan and top fan blowing in with the fan in the back of the PC blowing out. I figured if I got fans blowing on the CPU it would make it cooler. What are your configurations as far as fan goes? and what is the best config.? Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom