Please Could Anyone Help Me ? :-( :-(

Beta member
I recently installed nokia drivers for my phone and ever since if i go into Explorer and try to click on the c drive icon I get the following error :

Programe not found.
Windows cannot find Nokia_DKU_5.exe. This programme is needed for opening files of type "file".
Type in the exectutable file to be used instead.

I CAN view the folders on the C drive in the drop down list to the left but since this error am unable to install any new programmes. They APPEAR to install ok but dont show up anywhere !

I have deleted the Nokia driver software (via add/ remove programs).

Have done virus scan and separate trojan scan.Nothing found.

Tried system restore but it says no changes have been made since chosen date (no matter WHICH date i choose. ANd it clealry LISTS changes which have been made !). Turned system restore off and did another scan. Still nothing found and have now turned back on :-(

My phone cable everytime i install the driver the sound is disabled and cant get it on no matter hwat i try!
I use system restore everytime. Just put it back to one of the dates before any way and see if it works. It does the trick for me.. if that doesnt work, sorry mate no can help

System restore doesnt work :-(

The software works. Well it did before i removed it.

I'm not really bothered about that I want to get rid of the error message on the C drive and be able to install programmes as normal.

I don't know, but your only REAL solution here is to format your hardrive and reinstall Windows and all your programs. It sounds like Windows got corrupted by that Nokia software.. :( Anywho, what you want to do is reformat (I do it every 6 months, because it helps keep things running smoothly!!)

Thanks Zen. Someone else has mailed me something on another site I've been using but have had to ask if anyone can explain it as I understood about a third of what he was saying lol.

I no longer have the xp disks. D'oh !

Crud!!! I recommend you get some new disks. See if a friend has XP that they will let you use! That is really a software corruption man. I don't even know where to begin working on that! GL :D

Back
Top Bottom