TV on comp

Yeah, it should work fine.

I assum your comp has AGP and PCI slots. Your video card goes in your AGP, and the capture card goes in a PCI. Then all you have to do is connect either the coax cable for cable TV or RCA/Svideo for something like a game system, and you're all set.

OK, So I'm a noob at this....

WHat is a coax cable? WHat is a RCA/Svideo cable?

I just want normal TV....Not cable...

I think coax cables are the cables that all game systems use. It has 3 color markings, red, white and yellow.

If you just want regular tv then all you would need to do is plug some type of antenna into it. Although you live in the UK if I am not mistaken so I am not sure if it is the same as it would be here in the US.

No alvino... As I thought I said, RCA was the 3 colored plugs. Coax is the cable for cable TV, or yes, an antena should work.

A little mistake that hit me last night... You'll probably only have the yellow input(IE no audio) on that card. More than likely, you'll have to jumper it to your soundcard and simply use the line-in for coax, or perhaps some sort of converter for RCA. No biggie.

Vandiyan said:
If you just want regular tv then all you would need to do is plug some type of antenna into it. Although you live in the UK if I am not mistaken so I am not sure if it is the same as it would be here in the US.

Actually I live in the US. In California to be exact. :)

The_Other_One said:
No alvino... As I thought I said, RCA was the 3 colored plugs. Coax is the cable for cable TV, or yes, an antena should work.

A little mistake that hit me last night... You'll probably only have the yellow input(IE no audio) on that card. More than likely, you'll have to jumper it to your soundcard and simply use the line-in for coax, or perhaps some sort of converter for RCA. No biggie.

Oh. Now I know...

OK, I'm kinda confused...I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me what exactly I'd ned to buy...

I live in UK :)

Back
Top Bottom